Re: GSoC 2020: SMuFL glyph name to index lookup

From: Joram Noeck
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: SMuFL glyph name to index lookup
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 09:04:51 +0200

Hi,

Am 28.05.20 um 06:44 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>> This would mean every user would need to learn the new vocabulary if
>> they want to reference glyphs in their scheme code.
> Definitely not :-) However, I can imagine that LilyPond provides an
> option to *also* allow Bravura glyph names (or maybe instead; I don't
> have an opinion here) for `\musicGlyph`.

Here is an implementation of the analogous `\smuflglyph`:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/custom-music-fonts/smufl/definitions.ily#L170

And here is the mapping of smufl names to code points:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/custom-music-fonts/smufl/smufldata.ily
converted from the json file provided by SMuFL.

And here is a mapping of LilyPond names and SMuFL names (not complete
but extensive):
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/custom-music-fonts/smufl/definitions.ily

All taken from OpenLilyLib:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/custom-music-fonts/smufl

It is probably not the way to go for GSoC but might be interesting or
save some typing work.

Cheers,
Joram