Re: Another round of questions

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Another round of questions
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 19:50:50 +0200

On 5/16/20, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> IMHO only bugfixes should be applied to `musicxml2ly` since `xml2ly`
> covers much more of MusixXML (and will, AFAIK, also eventually support
> its successor, MNX).

Huh.  xml2ly has very different requirements than musicxml2ly and is
(AFAICS) unlikely to ever be integrated into LilyPond.  Anecdotally, I
have encountered several cases where musicxml2ly turned to provide
much more useful output than xml2ly (but that was a couple of years
ago, maybe its development has sped up since then).

Plus, since we’re discussing python-based tools, there are a few
useful functions being developed in python-ly (as part of
Frescobaldi), which share a bit more DNA with musicxml2ly than with
anything else.  So I wouldn’t count musicxml2ly out just yet.

Cheers,
-- V.