Another round of questions

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Another round of questions
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 23:49:37 +0200

Hi,

I know everyone on this list is focused on the GitLab transition at present, but if you have got a few minutes...

Currently, I'm trying to dive into LilyPond's Python codebase. This prompts me to ask a few questions. First, is there any way to run the MusicXML test suite and other tests related to Python scripts without a full "make check"?

Also, I've heard of projects including a MusicXML to LilyPond converter developed at Grame that could eventually replace musicxml2ly, and more recently, Parce and Quickly, which may eventually implement converters too (?). So, I'm wondering: would it be worth the effort if I did a cleanup in musicxml2ly's code or is it intended to replace it with Grame's converter anyway? More broadly speaking, what should be prioritized among the files under python/ ?

Best regards,

Jean Abou Samra