Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 21:32:20 +0200

Am Freitag, den 15.05.2020, 16:57 +0100 schrieb Kevin Barry:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 04:25:52PM +0200, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> > That the script is doing exactly what I told it to do: The diff between
> > the previous and the rebased commit is not empty. Therefore it adds the
> > Patch::new label, removing Patch::push.
>
> Shouldn't `diff staging...HEAD` be the same before and after a rebase
> (three dots)?

Yes, I think this works as long as staging not already includes some
(rebased) commits that were previously part of the merge request. We
could of course determine the merge base between the old and new commit
which should also avoid that case.
However this means three API calls (merge base + 2x diff) instead of
one (plain diff), and the webhook is supposed to finish in less than 10
seconds. I'll need to test this...

Jonas