Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th

From: 'James'
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 10:52:03 +0100

On 15/05/2020 15:25, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
I cannot really tell easily a real new patch and one that is rebased
ready for pushing.

What do you think?
That the script is doing exactly what I told it to do: The diff between
the previous and the rebased commit is not empty. Therefore it adds the
Patch::new label, removing Patch::push.
While correct in theory (new diff = new testing), I think we should
ignore updates once in Patch::push. If the author changes something
which was not in previous versions of the patch, we need to reset to
Patch::new manually. Does this sound acceptable?

Jonas

I'll let you and the developers figure that out, I can work with whatever I need to do. If it means I occasionally retest a patch twice, then so be it. No big deal.

James