Re: Building the website

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Building the website
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 13:03:34 +0200

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> To make this more explicit: I don't think we should do this. Mirroring
> to Savannah and pulling from there is just fine and, as others have
> expressed, probably the wiser decision long-term.

With regard to "long-term": updating the pull location of the website
server after a wholesale server migration should be the least of our
worries.  While it makes strategic sense sticking with Savannah for
links we publicly advertise (in the Internet community, every
recommendation tends to stick around for years after you want it gone),
the site the web server pulls from is not really public.

So giving this have one hop less to work with is reasonable in my book
for the sake of ongoing operations.

--
David Kastrup