Re: mirror GitLab -> Savannah

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: mirror GitLab -> Savannah
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 22:31:05 +0200

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5/14/20, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
>> To keep this short: I'd like to enable push mirroring from GitLab to
>> Savannah for the following branches [1]:
>>  - master
>>  - release/unstable
>>  - stable/*
>>  - translation*
>
> Why not staging? (Assuming that’s still gonna be a thing in months to
> come.)

Probably would not work.  staging is rebased comparatively frequently
and Savannah does not allow for non-forwarding pushes (what I actually
did whenever a non-forwarding push became necessary because of a
problematic commit was _delete_ the branch and recreate a new one with
the same name).

> By the way, I still haven’t understood why it would be
> necessary/advisable to erase all the old branches on Savannah. (I’m
> thinking about a few branches that may or may not be of historical
> interest, such as cvs/master and some of the dev/* branches.)

I think it was just seen as an opportunity for cleanup.

--
David Kastrup