Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol.

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol. (issue 576090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 05:47:29 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/576090043/diff/569740045/lily/staff-symbol.cc
File lily/staff-symbol.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/576090043/diff/569740045/lily/staff-symbol.cc#newcode116
lily/staff-symbol.cc:116: return ly_scm2floatvector (line_positions);
The suggested patch to expose internal_line_count() as line_count()
bypasses this branch.  line_count() should have the same branches as
line_positions() but call scm_ilength() (I think) in this branch, and
internal_line_count() in the other branch.

Another thing is that it should return the type vsize, so you would need
to take care to clip the values you get from Guile to >= 0.

It isn't a lot of code, but it's the kind of thing that could easily get
out of sync with line_positions() when later contributors come by.  It's
not something I'd want to commit myself, but if you are interested in
doing it, I'm willing to say the L-word once it's ready.

https://codereview.appspot.com/576090043/