Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol.

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol. (issue 576090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 03:43:24 -0700

On 2020/05/09 01:42:54, Dan Eble wrote:
> I looked around.  This is the only place I found using just the size
of the
> vector.  I don't think it's worth adding and maintaining a
> Staff_symbol::line_count just for this case.

Well, it wouldn’t be "adding and maintaining" since it already exists as
an internal, private function (and line_positions actually relies on it,
thus using that as a vector only adds an additional, unnecessary step).
What would be the cost of making it public, GC and performance-wise?
(See my latest patch set as a POC.)

Cheers,
-- V.

https://codereview.appspot.com/576090043/