Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 17:55:33 +0200

Knut Petersen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29.07.19 16:27, David Kastrup wrote:
>> And here are the results from a freshly cloned tree: with your patch,
>> test-baseline fails.  Without it, it succeeds.
>
> Thanks. The other way round here.
>
>> Would any log files help?  I can rerun make test (both successfully and
>> unsuccessfully) with redirected log files and probably also not use
>> multithreading in order to give comparable log files.
> Unfortunately the logs don't show which parts of the python etc. are used.
> I'll do some further tests and strace the whole 'make test-baseline' process.
> Somewhere in the strace logs will be the answer.

Well, it is rather obvious that you should not be seeing failure with
unchanged master (assuming that you have some reasonably current Python
on your system) and I should not be seeing failure with your patch
(assuming that it tests out on your system: the symptoms are just too
clear to seem dependent on Python version).  So it's likely that some
preinstalled part (assuming both of us worked from clean trees) creeps
into both our operations.  That would be more likely than not a
preexisting problem not caused by your patch but we would still better
fix it before it causes more headaches.

--
David Kastrup