Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4371 in lilypond: examples need explicit \rela

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4371 in lilypond: examples need explicit \relative c'' {} to copy and paste correctly
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 04:18:27 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: Patch-new

Comment #8 on issue 4371 by address@hidden: examples need explicit \relative c'' {} to copy and paste correctly

I replaced all the uses of @lilypond[verbatim,relative=n]
skipping some uses in the Essay, and in the documentation for lilypond-book.
(There was no need to change any @lilypond macro without 'verbatim' output for this issue.)

Most often I used a visible \relative {...} so the examples take more space. In cases with no other grouping braces, I put the closing brace in-line
  \relative {
    <c''-5 g-3 e-2 c-1>4
    <c^5 g^3 e_2 c_1>4 }
The Notation Manual fills 2% more pages, not counting tables and indexes which are unchanged.

Fewer examples than I had hoped could be changed to show \relative{} applied locally.
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff \relative { c''1 c }
    \new Staff \relative { \clef bass c1 c }

I put some very short examples in absolute, but anything non-trivial is still in relative mode.

I moved the explanation that c' is middle C earlier in Learning.

https://codereview.appspot.com/237340043/