Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4342 in lilypond: Patch: Replace C++ (in)equal

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4342 in lilypond: Patch: Replace C++ (in)equality checks with proper SCM syntax
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 19:53:08 +0000

Comment #16 on issue 4342 by v.villenave: Patch: Replace C++ (in)equality checks with proper SCM syntax

Thanks James (and David).
I’ve reworked the patch quite a bit (not sure about a few things though; for example, I’ve introduced a ly_is_false check against SCM_BOOL_F although in most cases, !to_boolean would do just fine).

There still are several regtests whose output is altered by my patch (namely trill-spanner-pitched-forced, graphviz, font-family-override and profile-property-access) but I need to "bisect" my own changes to track down the cause. Thanks for your patience (and sorry for giving you some extra work, James)!

There’s also the matter of some scm_*_p checks that I haven’t had a proper look at (scm_hash_table_p, scm_promise_p, and scm_variable_bound_p), plus some cases involving scm_c_memq, scm_assq or scm_hashq_get_handle where I could just replace x == SCM_BOOL_T with scm_is_eq (x, SCM_BOOL_T) but there has to be a simpler and more elegant syntax.