Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver wi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 08:32:09 +0000

Comment #52 on issue 3560 by address@hidden: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations

Or what the heck. completionFactor is the resulting completion factor. If it happens to be a callback, it is called with the original factor. But that will make Keith unhappy who wants to use the _length_ of the duration (before or after scaling?) as a deciding factor, so we call that callback instead with the whole of the original duration. Has the disadvantage that we can't plug in something as simple as "identity" but maybe we can just accept a duration as well as a ratio as return value. At any rate, then everybody has the toolbox to implement whatever behavior he likes.

I still vote for the default of keeping the factor. It's the only thing consistent between split and unsplit notes.