Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver wi

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3560 in lilypond: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 11:09:50 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 3560 by address@hidden: Completion_heads_engraver with \scaleDurations

Presumably with a resulting scale factor of 2/3 while the original note has a scale factor of 6. So we want neither 6 nor 1 as a result here but rather 2/3.

Getting that result is of course feasible: \scaleDuration would just have to emit (make-music 'CompletionFactor 'duration (ly:make-duration 0 0 2/3)) at its start and (make-music 'CompletionFactor 'duration (ly:make-duration 0 0 1)) at its end. Of course, an explicit 'duration field here is required in order to have nested \scaleDurations and \tuplet/\time do the right thing.

I am not convinced that the level of expectations set into Completion_heads_engraver is actually sane. I lean towards a simpler either/or solution taking the factor as either 1 or the original factor, with a reasonably simple knob for tweaking the decisionmaking.