Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3518 in lilypond: Support temporary divisi sta

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3518 in lilypond: Support temporary divisi staves
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 10:36:17 +0000

Comment #12 on issue 3518 by address@hidden: Support temporary divisi staves

Ok, I think I like the idea of using something like \separateStaff and \shareStaff even though I don't like their names. They can just output a spanner with a unique interface that is all that keeps a divisiStaff alive. That simplifies the whole mess _severely_, not requiring three different sources with swapping of items-worth-living-for and other nonsense.

So we need a new spanner with an interface of its own. The only remaining issue is the means for killing the spurious non-divisi staff whenever it should disappear. Either it is a property of the spanner (you specify something like \separateStavesFor "nondivisi" ... \oneStaff), or it is a property of the staff.