libreplanet-discuss

Re: Privacy Respecting Replacement for facebook groups

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Privacy Respecting Replacement for facebook groups
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 21:00:54 -0300

Em 01/10/2020 02:03, Jean Louis escreveu:
> There may be some misunderstandings, what is in your opinion "social
> network"?

I meant digital social network with no real-time presence notification.

> network. In any global communication one cannot expect immediate

I agree. By using any digital mean of communication, one cannot expect
immediate response. Perhaps the only ones (not necessarily digital) that
guarantee quick response are in-person chats and phone calls, but the
*quality* of the response may vary.

> Maybe you mean that as chat, that messages may not be available to
> users? There is option to set it up, so any user that did not receive
> the chat message due to being offline, could get all previous chat
> messages, at least for some previously configurable time period.

Yes, I agree that XMPP does have an official extension (XEP) to recall
messages if received while offline, and I feel sorry for not reminding
myself about that possibility. So, to correct myself, that is indeed
possible.

> There is also option to log the chat messages and display it on the
> HTML.
>
> https://salut-a-toi.org/ has option to make blog and publish web pages
> from XMPP.

Good one, that is indeed a nice way to instruct visitors/guests on how
to recall old messages, specially if they are older than the guest's
last visit (assuming that the guest does leave the room, instead of
simply minimizing or pressing the “back”/“close” button), or in cases
where the client doesn't support retrieving the messages automatically.

--
* Ativista do software livre
        * https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
        * Membro dos grupos avaliadores de
                * Software (Free Software Directory)
                * Distribuições de sistemas (FreedSoftware)
                * Sites (Free JavaScript Action Team)
        * Não sou advogado e não fomento os não livres
* Sempre veja o spam/lixo eletrônico do teu e-mail
        * Ou coloque todos os recebidos na caixa de entrada
* Sempre assino e-mails com OpenPGP
        * Chave pública: vide endereço anterior
        * Qualquer outro pode ser fraude
        * Se não tens OpenPGP, ignore o anexo "signature.asc"
* Ao enviar anexos
        * Docs., planilhas e apresentações: use OpenDocument
        * Outros tipos: vide endereço anterior
* Use protocolos de comunicação federadas
        * Vide endereço anterior
* Mensagens secretas somente via
        * XMPP com OMEMO
        * E-mail criptografado e assinado com OpenPGP