libreplanet-discuss

Re: Privacy Respecting Replacement for facebook groups

From: Marinus Savoritias
Subject: Re: Privacy Respecting Replacement for facebook groups
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 10:42:36 +0200

There is also matrix which does have communities and rooms. I think its more accustomed to what you would need than XMPP.

And there are many clients including an emacs one and a terminal one.

https://matrix.org/clients/
https://github.com/alphapapa/matrix-client.el

Hosting can be a little more tricky though. Maybe you can use something like freedombox to setup a server. They make it easy for you to do so.

https://yunohost.org/#/
https://www.freedombox.org

Marinus Savoritias