libextractor

[libextractor] getting metadata from a buffer instead of a file?

From: Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan
Subject: [libextractor] getting metadata from a buffer instead of a file?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:37:29 +0200

Hi,

first of all - thanks for the cool library :) We are writing a UPnP
mediaserver and we will be using libextractor in our project.

One question:
I encountered a situation where I have some content that I would like to
analyse with libextractor in a buffer and not in a file. Is it correct,
that with the current libextractor API it is only possible to pass a filename
to the library?

Could you by chance add a function similar to EXTRACTOR_getKeywords, which
would process a buffer instead of a file? :)

Thanks,
Sergey