Re: The Next Steps

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: The Next Steps
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 09:17:56 +0100

Am 11. Dezember 2021 17:01:51 MEZ schrieb Krishna <v.krishnakumar@gmail.com>:

>Sorry, what's ET? Quick search of the past mails in this list didn't turn
>up anything.

ET is a set of scripts to run the test suite on 'each' commit. The results are
shown on et.liberty-eiffel.org

>If no one steps up, I'll take a crack at it. I'm more interested in
>packaging for pkgsrc as I can then target 3 of my platforms.

Pachaging is also a challenge. We have integrated Debian packaging in ET but it
has the mentioned issues. For other platforms we can integrate it easily if we
are able to build them on the Linux machine. - Someone started to work (or
think) about crosscompiling for Windows but it never was properly setup.
On the other side it might also be fine to package only releases manually or
add a new VM with whaterver system - which would even allow to run the
testsuite on another OS, if someone volunteers for administering it.