Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:17:19 +0000

On 2012.02.22 16:10, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
On a side note, please be aware that I had to apply a fix for the
commit from Nicolas (deprecation), since __attribute__ is known to
GNU only [1].
Once we're done with integration, libcdio may need to be more
mindful of GNUisms... ;)

Sorry for that.

No worries. Without an MS platform to test with, it's difficult to pick everything up.

Do you know any portable way to say that something is deprecated?

The type.h patch at [1] is the approach I used. I looked around for something more universal, but with MS wanting the depreciation qualifier before and GNU after, It doesn't look like we can escape separate platform macros.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=commitdiff;h=2956107300f685f8527320cd6e2ffc650c02d44d