Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:30:43 +0000

On 2012.02.21 12:51, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
Since no other comments, looks like we'll go for one release with
everything.

Great.

As previously indicated, I'd still prefer to push bitesize set of patches from what I have in my branch, for you to integrate, and I am more or less waiting on the previous patchset to find its way into mainline before pushing some more.

I still need to remove cdparanioa from my branch though, which I must say is a bit of a pain (I would have preferred if this exercise had been left for after -pbatard integration, since I have quite a few cdparanoia related commits there and that means I can't just pick that commit and apply it without conflicts...). This also means that some of the commits from pbatard-integration need to be redone, since some of the headers changes touched paranioa files as well.

At the moment, I must say I am not sure how you want the -pbatard integration to proceed. I'd prefer being the one pushing the patches, since I'm supposed to have the better view of how they can be broken down, but doing so against a moving target makes it a bit difficult. Unless a critical patchfix pops up, could we try to freeze mainline until we've churned through the -pbatard integration?

On a side note, please be aware that I had to apply a fix for the commit from Nicolas (deprecation), since __attribute__ is known to GNU only [1]. Once we're done with integration, libcdio may need to be more mindful of GNUisms... ;)

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libcdio.git;a=commitdiff;h=2956107300f685f8527320cd6e2ffc650c02d44d