Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?

From: Pete Batard
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] RFC: Two releases or one?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:11:25 +0000

On 2012.02.22 15:35, Rocky Bernstein wrote:
Will try to move forward on this, this week.

OK. I'll try to remove paranoia from my branch soon.

Removing paranoia was mentioned last November

I see. Hopefully, since this is removal, it won't be too much of a headache. Paranoia seems to be working okay with MSVC (after a few fixes), but I understand that the reason for the removal is only licensing. I'll salvage my fixes and MSVC project files, and submit them back to the separate repo.

At the moment, I must say I am not sure how you want the -pbatard
integration to proceed. I'd prefer being the one pushing the patches, since
I'm supposed to have the better view of how they can be broken down,

Breaking the patches down is different from pushing patches. Breaking the
patches down, I totally agree with. Pushing feels a little different.

My bad. I used "pushing" but didn't intend it in a git context.
What I meant by push was only creating patches in my integration branch and sending them to the mailing list for review. I very much want you to be in charge of pushing commits into the mainline git repo. I'm also not planning to push anything there unless specifically asked to.

Freezing the master for code is okay. The only outstanding issue I am
aware of is that Leon was going to revise libcdio.texi for CD-Text. That
should be totally independent.

Looks that way to me too. Anything that doesn't interfere is of course fine with me too.

Ok. One problem I have had though is getting people to test releases
beforehand. So can I rely on you to handle the MinGW and Microsoft side?

Definitely. Hopefully, as people find out that libcdio has improved Windows support, there will be more adopters and more testers.

Regards,

/Pete