[Libcdio-devel] A clue to cue-less track formats

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] A clue to cue-less track formats
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:46:37 -0500

Stephan Gans passed along this link
 http://www.codeproject.com/tools/Bin2Iso.asp

which has a useful idea for taking a CD image and figuring out the
track format (Mode 1/2 Form 1/2).

It is seems that this idea is complimentary to the ISO detection that
I've been working on and by using the two I think I can get something
better than using each individually.

Here's an example of ISO covering where track format detection fails:
For sector-at-once (SAO) on Nero (but probably also others image
formats), when no sync headers are written, one can still find a PVD.
So the *lack* of a sync header suggests we are doing SAO.

And track-format dectection can distinguish between the various mode 1
or mode 2 formats which parsing ISO 9660 might not. (But there may be
a way to do something by looking at XA information.)

So between the two in some cases one can reconstruct a cuesheet (TOC
or CUE) from just the bin. Or read VCD info without the cuesheet.

I've just commited a first cut. This is just a start.