koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] Regarding default username/password

From: Partha Mukhopadhyay
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] Regarding default username/password
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:15:31 +0800

Hello Joseph

It seems u r using koha windows version (2.2.4). You can change the default
super user login and password of koha. In fact it should be the next step after
installation of koha.

It is basically done through mysql featues in windows.Here is a lit to do (I
assume you are a newbee in MySQL):

1. Download the the MySQL GUI Interface from
http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/download_sqlyogfree.html
(yes it's freeware)

2. Install it (default location)

3. Create the root user though clicking the new user create icon

4. Enter as root user of mysql

5. Go to 'Tools' menu and click user manage

6. Create a new user at the local host
(e.g. <your_name> localhost password)

7. Goto 'Tools' menu and click manage permission

8. Allow the new user to all access on the biblio database (sample224 or
blank224 or the actual db name)

9. Edit C:\etc\koha.conf to add user=<new_user_login>
and password =<new_user_password>

10. Log on to intranet. Ha Ha Ha.... it is now not taking koha/koha but
<new_user login>/<new_user_password>

Let me know

Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Lecturer, Deptt. of Library and Information Science,
Vidyasagar University,
Midnapore - 721 102
West Bengal, India