koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Koha on Windows -- Perl Installation Location

From: Joshua Allen Holm
Subject: [Koha-win32] Koha on Windows -- Perl Installation Location
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:49:39 -0800 (PST)

Regarding the requirement of installing Perl in c:\usr, the Apache
"ScriptInterpreterSource" Directive
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource> should
work as a solution to allow Perl to be installed in any location. I have
successfully installed and configured Koha with Perl located in C:\Perl and
C:\Program Files\Perl when I have the following line listed in my Apache
configuration file:
ScriptInterpreterSource Registry

I am by no means an expert on Apache security, but, given the fact that I have
found similar solutions for getting other programming languages (e.g. Python)
to work with Apache from any install location, I am fairly certain that there
would be nothing wrong with using this Directive to allow Perl to work with
Koha without having to install Perl in C:\usr.

--
Joshua Allen Holm, MLIS
address@hidden

http://mail.yahoo.com