kmldonkey-users

Re: [kmldonkey] Feature Request: Search, Download completed files...

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [kmldonkey] Feature Request: Search, Download completed files...
Date: 22 May 2003 23:10:43 +0200

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 18:00, Dominik Schwald wrote:
> 1.) I'd like to search files from KMLDonkey
> Perhaps i am blind or somewhat stupid, but unil now the only way to
> start new downloads using KMLDonkey is clicking a link in Konqueror,
> isn't it?

Searching is being implemented right now, it'll be in the next release.
I guess you can also use the search commands in the console window, if
you're really desperate. :)

> 2.) It would be very nice to see my INCOMING directory. This would be
> great since KMLDonkey runs on a different machine than mldonkey does.
> Perhaps it would also be possible to be able to download those files.

That's not possible over the mldonkey gui protocol; the best you can do
is display the list of shared files (and kmldonkey does that already, as
reliably as the mldonkey core reports it, anyway). There are numerous
ways to solve that problem, though; myself, I've used Samba, NFS, WebDAV
and FTP at various times, all quite successfully. Konqueror supports all
these protocols either directly or indirectly, giving you a pretty
comfortable interface.

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
#!/usr/bin/env python