k3d-dev

Re: [K-3D dev] K-3D news!

From: Brett W. McCoy
Subject: Re: [K-3D dev] K-3D news!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:02:02 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, P. Christeas wrote:

> Sounds OK (I haven't had the time to examine that).
> Do you think that the K3D engine could potentially run *without* the GUI?
> Say, could I connect it with a script that will provide the changes/shapes
> etc. and just see the result in a custom window?
> The conept of 'wearable' frontend would allow other environments to use K3D.

I began investigating the develop of procedural 'clients' to the K3D
engine, similar to the JavaScript one there is now, but written in Perl or
Python (my expertise is in Perl, so I was looking at that one, using the
SWIG interface).

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
<Mercury> emacs sucks, literally, not a insult, just a comment that its
          large enough to have a noticeable gravitational pull...