k3d-dev

[K-3D dev] K-3D news!

From: Romain Behar
Subject: [K-3D dev] K-3D news!
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 03:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

 I've been very busy this summer, unfortunately not
with K-3D project.

 Here's what happened so far:

 - an attempt to move from Sourceforge to Savannah was
a failure: Savannah is free as in freedom, but suffers
from a lack of support, administrators are very busy
and don't have time to process all user requests.
Savannah also lacks many useful features that
SourceForge provides. The project will then stay on
SourceForge, but under another name to start from a
clean new CVS repository. The name is likely to be
'Kinka'.

 - the sdpTypes and sdpXML have been ported to GLIB
2.0 (from the configure scripts point of view at
least). They're in the Savannah CVS before moving to
the new one.

 - after studying the GLIB / GTK 2.0 transition, it
happened that it will not be easy. I'll tell you about
about my plans in a future mail.

 Cheers,

  Romain