js-extensions-discussion

Re: First Release of Hachette, an extension packaging hacks for JS-encum

From: Wojciech Kosior
Subject: Re: First Release of Hachette, an extension packaging hacks for JS-encumbered websites
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 00:37:48 +0200

> If/when it supports loading replacement JS

Actually, it kind of supports it. You can paste the replacement's
source verbatim into the extension and tell it to use that or you can
instead provide a url to script and a sha256 sum and the extension
shall download it.
Other than that, there are still many things that need to be done
before it becomes truly usable. If curious, see TODOS.org in the git
repo.

> I think it would be best to put all the hacks (from Hachette and
> elsewhere) in one repository and focus efforts on browser-extension.
> If I can work out how to use Git, I might even try and help implement
> that.

That's what I've been waiting to hear for almost 9 months. Thank you :)
Once you're ready to go with git, send me your ssh public key and I
will give you push access to my extension's repo. I might try to
document the project in the meantime, so as to make it easier to
cotribute

> > I shall also look closer at yours, possibly today, and maybe write
> > another email.
>
> Same for yours! Is there a specific place for discussing it or do I
> just post to this mailing list?

Right now there isn't. I might come up with something, though.

After looking at your extension (and also Adonay's one) I now realize
the big need for CSS injection feature, thanks!

Best,

Wojtek

--
website: https://koszkonutek-tmp.pl.eu.org/