js-extensions-discussion

Re: First Release of Hachette, an extension packaging hacks for JS-encum

From: jahoti
Subject: Re: First Release of Hachette, an extension packaging hacks for JS-encumbered websites
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 21:39:00 +0000

Hello,

What you're doing seems to be a similar idea to the one I've been
working on and discussing with others recently. Good to see more people
thinking alike. You might want to look at my extension:

https://git.koszkonutek-tmp.pl.eu.org/browser-extension/

and my rationale behind it:

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/software-freedom-movement-challenge-javascript-trap

That is exactly the browser extension we need- I didn't realize you were actually implementing it! If/when it supports loading replacement JS, I think it would be best to put all the hacks (from Hachette and elsewhere) in one repository and focus efforts on browser-extension. If I can work out how to use Git, I might even try and help implement that.

I shall also look closer at yours, possibly today, and maybe write
another email.

Same for yours! Is there a specific place for discussing it or do I just post to this mailing list?

Best,
Wojtek