javaweb-submit

[Javaweb-submit] gnu. java packages

From: Joe Phillips
Subject: [Javaweb-submit] gnu. java packages
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:10:44 -0400

hello,

I'm a Java software developer writing GPL/LGPL packages and I've been
using the gnu. namespace for some years.  I'd like to register my
packages with you for inclusion in the list found on
http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html.  Please give me
information on how I can get my packages included in the GNU project.

Here is a summary of the packages I've written so far that I am or plan
to release to the free software community:

gnu.hylafax - my oldest package.  it is a java implementation of the
HylaFAX client network protocol.  users can send and receive FAXs
through the HylaFAX FAX server.  The current homepage is
http://www.net-foundry.com/java/gnu/hylafax but this is planned to
change shortly.

gnu.net.ftp - an FTP client protocol implementation.  This is currently
distributed as part of the gnu.hylafax distribution because the HylaFAX
protocol is an extension of the FTP RFC.  I intend to break this out
into it's own distribution soon as it is stabilizing.  I've also offered
it to the Classpath project with favorable response from Arenn.

gnu.net.irc - an IRC client protocol implementation.  This covers most
of the IRC RFC and some extensions.  There is no homepage yet.

gnu.finance.quote - Get's stock quotes from a NasdaqAmex.com XML data
source.  I wrote this last week.  There is no homepage yet.  Depends on
the Apache project's Xerces XML parser.

I have other misc class libraries that I've written but am unsure if I
will formalize and release them yet (GPS stream parser & display, email,
voicemail, etc.)

I have plans to put all of the above packages on my website at new
homepages in the near future.  gnu.hylafax will move as a result.

I'd be happy to provide tarballs of each of these packages at your
request.

At this time, all of the above packages are LGPL.  I'm considering
making gnu.finance.quote and gnu.net.irc GPL (they haven't officially
been released yet.)

-joe