javaweb-submit

Re: [Javaweb-submit] gnu. java packages

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-submit] gnu. java packages
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:15:44 +0100

>>> Joe Phillips <address@hidden> 01-Jun-01 4:10:44 PM
>>>

>I'm a Java software developer writing GPL/LGPL
>packages and I've been using the gnu. namespace
>for some years.  I'd like to register my packages with
>you for inclusion in the list found on
>http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html.

Fantastic!

>Please give me information on how I can get my packages
>included in the GNU project.

You can do one of two things:

1. submit the packages as one or various sub-projects or for
inclusion in existing sub-projects
2. just have youe packages listed

>gnu.hylafax - my oldest package.  it is a java
>implementation of the HylaFAX client network
>protocol.  users can send and receive FAXs
>through the HylaFAX FAX server.  The current
>homepage is http://www.net-foundry.com/java/gnu/hylafax
>but this is planned to change shortly.

I'll put this into the package registry, let me know the home page
when you have one.

>gnu.net.ftp - an FTP client protocol implementation.
>gnu.net.irc - an IRC client protocol implementation.

Would you like to contribute these to the GNU inet libaray? You'd
have to change the package name to gnu.inet.ftp and gnu.inet.irc. I
can host them with most of the rest of the inet library if you like.

The inet library is in the GNU-Paperclips CVS right now but it will
probably become a seperate project.

It may be usefull to do this because the gnu.inet library can provide
shared implementations of common things like content encodings.

Let me know what you think.

>gnu.finance.quote - Get's stock quotes from a
>NasdaqAmex.com XML data source.  I wrote this last week.
>Rhere is no homepage yet.  Depends on the Apache project's
>Xerces XML parser.

Can you look at the classpathx website please, we have an XML parser
(and jaxp implementation) though it's not in our CVS yet. I would
prefer that you made your package jaxp compliant, then it's portable
across all XML parsers.

The website is at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/

Nic