jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] regular shell in a chroot jail

From: Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
Subject: [Jailkit-users] regular shell in a chroot jail
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:41:34 +0300

Hi to all,
I need some help with chroot jail .
I install it with this howto http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_chroot_shell.html well and see is working not so good.

First if my user can login over the ssh and only message I get when login is bash: "groups: command not found" ( without quote )
Ok this message not the problem.
After install user lock/jail in the new "mini system" in jail /home/jail .
But the user can go out form their home /home/jail/home/user, if I give command cd / user go to /home/jail ( the root directory)

Second the user directory is chmod 700 , is normal ?
I don't try to use Jailkit on production system yet because some of users in their system have public_html directory with websites. How I can try on testing system to lock user on their home without give them possibility to go out , because if user can do it is can see others user directory's , ok with chmod 700 is not can read anything.
But how users website on public_html can readable from the world.

Thank you and sorry if I not explain correctly my problem.

Don't send me documents in .doc , .docx, .xls, .ppt . , .pptx
Send it with ODF format : .odt , .odp , .ods or .pdf .
Try to use Open Document Format : http://el.libreoffice.org/
Save you money   &  use GNU/Linux Distro http://distrowatch.com/
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you
win!!!