jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] ldap tools inside the jail

From: Roger.Gottet
Subject: [Jailkit-users] ldap tools inside the jail
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:36:06 +0000

Hello

I did setup a jailed environment on Solaris 10, SPARC within a local zone.

Everything but LDAP tools do work. The jailed users must have the possibility to use ldapsearch from within the jail.
LDAP outside of the Jail does work. I copied all required files from /var/ldap to the $chroot/var/ldap, used jk_cp for ldaplist and ldapsearch.
all libraries are in the jail. I cannot think of anything missing.

The user login through ldap into the jail works just fine. home drive is mounted, all other commands are working too, but all ldap commands produce the following error:
ldaplist: LDAP configuration problem (Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' ('').)

But the ldap_client_file exists in the jail with the correct permissions etc.
Do you've an idea what it could be?

Many thanks
Roger