info-gnus-english

Re: possible bug? gnus in emacs 27; error in hash-table-p

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: possible bug? gnus in emacs 27; error in hash-table-p
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2019 10:36:32 -0700

physiculus <physiculus@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Why is it working?
>>
>> The only question harder to answer than "Why isn't it working?" is "Why
>> IS it working?" :)
>>
>> Your imap servers have a nnimap-split-methods value of 'default, which
>> means each one will use the value of nnmail-split-methods.
>> nnmail-split-methods is set to the symbol 'nnmail-split-fancy, so all
>> servers should use the value of that variable.
>>
>> The gnus-group-split-update function sets nnmail-split-fancy to a split
>> made from group parameters.
>>
>> In your config, you've got nnmail-split-methods set to an actual split.
>> But when gnus-group-split-update runs, it should completely override
>> that config with a split made from group parameters.
>>
>> So my question is: have you set to-list/to-address parameters on your
>> groups? Because if you haven't, I don't know how any splitting is
>> happening. Can you show the value of nnmail-split-fancy after Gnus is
>> done starting up?
> I try to understand what you wrote.
> Because i'm not sure what to-list parameter means here is one server
> configuration complete.

Okay, that answers that question :)

So the mail splitting is happening according to your value of
`nnmail-split-methods'? I guess if it ain't broke, we won't fix it!

I'll push a change to master in a day or two that changes the hook. You
can either rebuild then, or tbh could just leave your config the way it
is now.

Eric