Re: [igraph] Igraph calculating minimum spanning tree with weights C int

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph calculating minimum spanning tree with weights C interface
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:53:46 +0200

Hi,

> I have been trying to calculate a minimum spanning tree using prim method,
> but I have got a little bit confused about the weights are used in this
> context. The suggest example program in the source documents does not seem
> to be correct, I don't understand why the edge betweenness needs to be
> calculated.
They don't have to - we just needed _some_ kind of weights in the
example (because the Prim algorithm works with weighted graphs), so we
decided to use the edge betweenness scores of the edges as the
weights. If you have built your own vector, there is no need for the
call to igraph_edge_betwenness().