Re: [igraph] Easier way to compile igraph on Windows?

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] Easier way to compile igraph on Windows?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:01:13 +0200

On 7 September 2015 at 19:46, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also, I am not sure if MSVC objects and msys objects are binary
> compatible. In general, can you compile Mathematica extensions with
> both?

Thanks for the response Gábor ! I don't really understand the source
of these incompatibilities. I know that both MSVC and mingw32 used to
work more or less out of the box with Mathematica, and I used the
latter a lot. MinGW-w64 requires more work, but there is actually a
usage example in the Mathematica documentation ... of course that
doesn't mean that there won't ever be any problems ...  It would
likely be the safest if I could use MSVC as that's the standard
toolchain on Windows, but at the moment I'll be happy if I can get
things working at all, with any compiler.

When you compiled with MinGW, did you have any problem with tests
passing (or rather not passing)?