Re: [igraph] C attribute handler too inefficient

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] C attribute handler too inefficient
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:55:50 +0100

Hi,

> Iam using the attribute handler interface with the functions SETVAN
> (SETVANV)  and VAN (VANV) to setup the attributes in each time step.
> I need to reset all the attributes in each realization of the simulation.
>
> Over the third realization the process get killed because it consumed all
> the ram in the computer (7.7Gb). I need to optimize attribute handling in
> igraph, the usual interface seems to be slow and memory wasting.
Have you profiled the app? Which parts of it seem to be slow? Also, I don't
think that a few numeric attributes for ~50000 vertices should eat up 7.7 GB of
memory with the C attribute handler. Can it be the case that your app is
leaking memory somewhere?

If it is not highly confidential, send me a self-contained example that
reproduces
your problem and I'll take a look at it.