[igraph] C attribute handler too inefficient

From: Daniel Penalva
Subject: [igraph] C attribute handler too inefficient
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 19:56:19 -0300

Hi, iam simulating process in a network with ~50000 nodes, each node has about 3 attributes.
Iam using the attribute handler interface with the functions SETVAN (SETVANV)  and VAN (VANV) to setup the attributes in each time step.
I need to reset all the attributes in each realization of the simulation.

Over the third realization the process get killed because it consumed all the ram in the computer (7.7Gb). I need to optimize attribute handling in igraph, the usual interface seems to be slow and memory wasting.

What is the best way to deal with such attributes in igraph ?