Re: [igraph] how to plot a very basic MST with igraph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] how to plot a very basic MST with igraph
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 11:39:28 -0500

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Steve Boudreault <address@hidden> wrote:

> But I'd prefer you tell us want you want to do, and then we don't need
> guess.

Please look at the following image :

http://inspirehep.net/record/833443/files/mst.png

These are "minimum spanning tree" (right?) of stars distributed in X (i.e.
right ascension, RA) and Y (i.e. declination, DEC). You have this for
three open clusters : IC2391, M34, M11.

Again. The minimum spanning trees in igraph are defined for graphs (=networks), not for points:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_spanning_tree

Maybe you want this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclidean_minimum_spanning_tree
Do you?

This *is* what I want to do. I want to do a plot like this.

This is not an explanation, I am sorry. What is the rule to connect the dots? Maybe this is evident for people in your field, but not to me.

G.

[...]