Re: [igraph] neighborhood subgraph (python)

From: David Robinson
Subject: Re: [igraph] neighborhood subgraph (python)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:26:39 -0600

> And finally (I think): are there similar differences for other graph such as betweenness?
Certainly, because the two languages are different so some things have to be
solved in different ways. For instance, R objects are in general immutable,
so all the igraph operations return a new graph, while Python objects can be
modified in-place. E.g., the simplify() function in R returns a new graph,
while it modified the graph in-place in Python. An exhaustive list of
differences would be quite cumbersome to create.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  The area of concern was the Graph.neighborhood(.) versus mygraph.neighborhood (.) .

The best course seems to be to tread carefully.

Thanks again.