Re: [igraph] neighborhood subgraph (python)

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] neighborhood subgraph (python)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:54:52 +0200

> I'm certain I would not have figured that out.  Your answer seems to come
> close, but how do I set the path length for inducing the subgraph?
Please read the documentation of the "neighborhood" method of the Graph object:

http://igraph.sourceforge.net/doc/python/igraph.GraphBase-class.html#neighborhood

It shows that the "neighborhood" method has an "order" parameter that allows
you to set the path length.

> And finally (I think): are there similar differences for other graph such as
> betweenness?
Certainly, because the two languages are different so some things have to be
solved in different ways. For instance, R objects are in general immutable,
so all the igraph operations return a new graph, while Python objects can be
modified in-place. E.g., the simplify() function in R returns a new graph,
while it modified the graph in-place in Python. An exhaustive list of
differences would be quite cumbersome to create.