[igraph] problem with alpha.centrality

From: Bob Pap
Subject: [igraph] problem with alpha.centrality
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 17:28:25 +0200

Dear all,

There is a weird behaviour of alpha.centrality() and there seems to be a problem with the implementation, which I do not seem to be able to access.

I have a graph g with an edge attribute which I named "weight" (E(g)$weight).  When I call the different forms I get some weird things

alpha.centrality(g, weights = NULL)

alpha.centrality(g)

I get the same result (according to the help file I should not). When I try

alpha.centrality(g, weights = "weight")

I get the same plus the error (even though it should not):

Warning message:

In alpha.centrality.sparse(graph, nodes, alpha, loops, exo, weights,  :

  NAs introduced by coercion

This is independent on how I name the edge attribute I want to use to weigh edges. Is there a problem in the implementation of weights in alpha.centrality?

Many thanks for any help on this.

Kind regards,

Bob