Re: [igraph] problem with alpha.centrality

From: Bob Pap
Subject: Re: [igraph] problem with alpha.centrality
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:48:10 +0200

Hi Gabor,

Many thanks for fixing the bug!

And many thanks for pointing out that I should have used NA rather than NULL if I wanted to test not using the weight attribute.

Kind regards,

Bob

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bob,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Bob Pap <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> alpha.centrality(g, weights = NULL)
>
> alpha.centrality(g)
>
> I get the same result (according to the help file I should not). When I try

The help file says:

 weights: A character scalar that gives the name of the edge attribute
          to use in the adjacency matrix. If it is ‘NULL’, then the
          ‘weight’ edge attribute of the graph is used, if there is
          one. Otherwise, or if it is ‘NA’, then the calculation uses
          the standard adjacency matrix.

So indeed, the results will be the same.

> alpha.centrality(g, weights = "weight")
>
> I get the same plus the error (even though it should not):
>
> Warning message:
>
> In alpha.centrality.sparse(graph, nodes, alpha, loops, exo, weights,  :
>
>   NAs introduced by coercion

This is a bug, thanks for the report, I have already fixed it in the
development tree.

[...]