Re: [igraph] OS X installation - Mountain Lion day

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] OS X installation - Mountain Lion day
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:35:27 +0200

Hi Bernie (and anyone else who is interested in using python-igraph on Mac OS X
Mountain Lion),

So I've upgraded to Mountain Lion today and here are my experiences so far:

1. The installer wipes /Library/Python completely empty, so I've lost all my
installed Python packages. Darn. At least it did clean out all the crap that
has accumulated there since OS X Lion :)

2. You have to launch System Preferences, open the Security prefpane and set
"Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere", otherwise the installer
won't launch. (I think there's a way to bypass this on a per-application basis,
but I haven't figured it out yet).

Once I did these, I was able to install just fine and it seems to work (at
least all the test cases pass).

Hope this helps.

Best,--
T.