Re: [igraph] matching 2 weighted graphs

From: Charles Novaes de Santana
Subject: Re: [igraph] matching 2 weighted graphs
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:40:34 +0200

Dear Anup,

Dear all,

There is a paper published in "Physics Letters A" in which the authors
suggest a measure to study the differences between networks.

Andrade et al (2008):
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0375960108009158

Considering a pair of networks i and j that have the same number of
nodes, they call "distance between networks" as a measure calculated
using the shortest paths and the diameter of i and j, as defined by
Andrade et al (2008). If i is equal to j the distance is 0, if i and j
are completely different (if i is a complete network and j is a
network with no edges, or vice-versa) the distance is 1. The original
paper is about not-weighted and not-directed networks, but it can be
easily adapted.

In attach I send an example of the function "distance between
networks" I have written, if you would like to use or adapt to your
needs.

All the best,

Charles

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Anup Bhatkar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to match 2 undirected weighted graphs both having same number of
> vertices and both are fully connected. I want to match these 2 graphs in such
> a way that the difference in edge weight is minimum preferrably 0 if perfect
> isomorphism exist. So matching should be such that difference in edge weight
> is minimum after the matching. I checked the isomorphism() function of the
> library but that does not seem to address the problem in hand.
>
> Please suggest appropriate function to be used if one such exist?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Khris.

Um axé! :)