Re: [igraph] community detection significance

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] community detection significance
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:34:49 +0200

> I thought the modularity score is already a comparison to a null model?

I think that 1) the modularity score is not a rigorous statistical test that
gives you a p-value (not that the method I proposed is any more rigorous ;))
and 2) the modularity score assesses the significance of a community structure
as a whole while the methods discussed here assess the significance of a
_single_ community.