Re: [igraph] random walks with directed edges

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] random walks with directed edges
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:52:48 +0200

> I have:
> Graph community structure calculated with the edge betweenness algorithm
> Number of communities (best split): 1
> Modularity (best split): 0
>
> with igraph 0.6, and a network of 56 nodes and 813 edges... should I
> fine-tune something? looks like just one community exists...

Could be two things:

1) it is indeed the case that only one community exists (at least according to
the algorithm)
2) there is a bug in the weighted variant of the edge betweenness community
detection, which has just been added recently to 0.6.

If you send me your graph and the weights, I can try to distinguish between the
two.