Re: [igraph] random walks with directed edges

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] random walks with directed edges
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 11:43:33 +0200

Hello Simone,

The walktrap algorithm is not suitable for directed graphs (despite its
reliance on random walks). The authors of the walktrap algorithm conclude this
in their original paper:

"For directed ones (like the important case of the web graph), on the contrary,
the proofs we provided are not valid anymore, and random walks behave
significantly differently. Therefore, we also consider the directed case as an
interesting direction for further research."
http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0512106v1.pdf

Best,--
T.