[igraph] About the command => average.path.length(graph, directed=TRUE,

From: Carlos Eduardo
Subject: [igraph] About the command => average.path.length(graph, directed=TRUE, unconnected=TRUE)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:02:32 -0200

Hello,

I need clarify a little detail related to the command mentioned in this message subject.

About the parameter “unconnected=TRUE”, is it related to networks with two or more components? Or is it related to other network feature? Just as an example, I send attached an image of the simple network I am work with (in this case unconnected=FALSE).

I am not sure it is related to the same question yet, but in average.path.length measure, what is the situation of an actor as J or M, which have just outdegrees? They couldn’t be “paths”, once nothing comes until them…

Many thanks,

Cadu